Friday, October 3, 2008

soggy and SOUPy



We had a yummy soup for dinner last night. Got the recipe from Sunshine. You should try it! The night before that, I made a nice, hearty homemade chicken noodle soup. It warms the soul. Before the chicken soup, I made some corn chowder. And the list goes back...

I didn't realize it until one of my kids pointed out to me, that we have had SOUP for dinner EVERY single night this week! Must be the soggy, damp weather. Nothing like warm soup on a damp night. (right?)

Maybe it's that soup is easy.

Maybe it's that I NEED easy this week.

So there's not much rain on the horizon, but it IS chilly.

Soup is good in chilly weather, too.

Sorry, kids... don't mean to disappoint, but guess what's for dinner tonight?

taco SOUP!

(EASY and yummy) Enjoy!

Mom's going out.

5 comments:

shirlgirl said...

I love soup--wish Uncle David did. I also enjoy a nice beef stew--stick to your ribs kind of meal. Nothing wrong with soup, as it has everything in it you need for nourishment, and IT USES LESS DISHES!! Have fun wherever you are going tonight. Another idea for meals--let the kids decide what they want to have for dinner, purchase the items, and have them cook it, serve it, and clean up. It might work and give you some deserved time off.

ChefTom said...

Jenny, I have literally 100s of soup recipes, I will see if I can get them in a format that I can send to you. At least then your kids will have some variety.

I love Chili, kind of like a soup or stew, and beef stew is always good.

Becky said...

hmmm...sounds like my house this past week with Steve gone. We had minestrone soup, taco soup (thanks LL), chicken noodle soup and corn chowder. I could eat it everyday. Apparently my kids won't. Is the sun coming out yet? I miss it...

LL said...

YUMMY. i love soup and bread. I have GOT to get on muckamuck and do some work. I've been slacking.
It's time for the fun recipes now that the weather is cooling off.

Jane said...

I wish it was soup weather here. (sigh) I love soup, and love that it is easier to make than some other meals.

I think this week-end it is going to be in the high 80's is that cool enough for soup? LOL!

Have a fun week-end.