Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a life in the day...

...of the new FOUR year old!

Good MORNING, Mr. Morning!~a happy birthday donut for you!

Your Busy Bee Friends came over to playAnd sang to you over a birthday snack!

After your best brothers and sisters came home from school,
we went out for a BEAUTIFUL game of mini golf...
per YOUR request.
You even got a BIRTHDAY HOLE-IN-ONE!!
(really!)


It was the PERFECT day to be out golfing.
and we had the place to ourselves!


Mom's handicap was balancing scorecard,
purse, camera and club
at each hole. Standard Mom.

We ALL had a great time!
and Mr. A got a free game at the 19th hole!

then it was home for the birthday feast of

chicken patty sandwiches and watermelon

(which was sadly out-of-season and a bit grainy)

then: PRESENTS!

(mom, see mystery gift below)and CAKE!~ grocery store style.

The little man was a happy man.

and he went to bed VERY tired.

the end.


12 comments:

Jane said...

It looks like you all had a great day! He is so cute Jenny!!

For some reason, I am craving cake now. ;)

PS do you still use your MSN email or do you have another one?

LL said...

so FUN, he's such a cute little man.
Glad the day went well, and the big four year old got a HOLE IN ONE!
nice

Anonymous said...

Unbelievably perfect day. How many children have such a special day and it's recorded so he will remember. You are great!
mom

ChefTom said...

Wow, can I celebrate my birthday at your house. He had a great day, what 4 year old wouldn't love a day that starts with a donut and ends with cake! AWESOME!!! In Mason's honor I am going to eat a donut for breakfast this morning.

Aaron H. said...

rah, rah, rah, shish boom bah.

nice job on the bday. next time take some pictures.

Becky said...

My favorite is the picture of you holding everything between the legs, in the mouth and in your hands while trying to "put-put". Way cute! Give Mason a BIG smooch from me!

ps: Uncle Crabby, take a HAPPY PILL!

Smilin' sunshine said...

What a fun day! Way to go mom!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Now check my blog!

shirlgirl said...

Wow!! What a special day for a special four-year old. Looks like everyone had lots of fun. He is SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Glad you all had such a great time playing miniature golf--and to think Mr. Morning got a hole in one--unbelievable. I don't think I ever got a hole in one--regular golf or miniature. Way to go, Mason. Love, Aunt Shirley

Christy said...

I love the breakfast donut with the candle! Simple, but SO delicious! That would be it for me.
I am sure there was a day that you carried HIM along with the purse, camera etc..for other family birthday outings, so this should have been no problem!
Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Jane--newer email--I'll go check MSN and send you over the new one.
Tom. YOU can come celebrate your birthday at our house ANYtime. We'll pull out all the stops!
Aaron--as my personal cheerleader, you're hired. Commission okay?
Sunshine: THANK YOU! I feel so honored. and i love it.

Jo Jo said...

Love the squeezing the knees picture. Made me laugh, which is always a good thing. Reminder to Becky, "Putt, putt," my dear. Missing the husband? Amy Jo