Tuesday, September 16, 2008

today's activity




Today is rub-a-leaf day.

It's one of my favorite things to do in the fall.

Pick a few healthy leaves and place them under a piece of tissue paper or thin writing paper.

Rub the paper with a crayon, over the leaf, revealing the outline of the leaf.

Learn about the stem and veins.
Learn the difference between an oak and a maple.


Press some fall leaves between sheets of wax paper and make a leaf collage.

Enjoy some of nature's abundant variety of art and crafts.
What's YOUR favorite fall craft?

6 comments:

Becky said...

Have fun rubbing! Our leaves haven't quite turned up here. My favorite fall craft? Carmel apples. Is that a craft? I love making them with my kids and then eating them - yum!

Jane said...

(sigh) How I miss fall! We just got from hot, to not so hot here in AZ.
New England falls were my very favorite. There is nothing like it!
Rub some leaves for me.

ChefTom said...

My favorite fall activity is driving everywhere with the top down, and the radio blasting. I can't do that in the summer, it is too hot.

LL said...

my favorite fall "craft" is PUMPKIN chocolate chip cookies.
:)
i'll go rub a leaf, or have my kids do it...thanks for the reminder!!!

Jo Jo said...

It's all about the food, Jen Jen. Love the crisp apples, and everything associated with the apples. Can't wait to drive on a warm indian summer fall day and look at the leaves that have changed. Amy Jo

shirlgirl said...

I love to pick apples, and eat a few while picking--nice and crunchy and Soooo Fresh!! Plan on doing that Saturday with a girlfriend. Going to Carlson's in Harvard, then to lunch at Tiny's in Ayer, then to the Salt Box in Bolton, followed by a hot fudge sundae at Hebert's and then home. That is the beginning of fall for me, and I love it.
Love, Aunt Shirley