Thursday, September 25, 2008

to judge

You've all experienced this to some degree...
to judge or be judged.
I remind myself today
that
We are all fighting a hard fight.

About others, we do not know the whole story.
Others do not know the story of our struggle.
A good friend told me that she tries to keep this thought in mind:
Treat everyone as if their heart is breaking.
(in most cases you are probably right)
so here's to refraining from judgment
and remembering that when others judge us,
they can't see the whole picture.

random acts of kindness.

5 comments:

ChefTom said...

thanks for the reminder, it is easy to make a rushed judgement about others.

LL said...

LOVE THIS. Thanks Jenny. I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. Thank you for the reminder, it's such an important thing to remember.

Becky said...

AMEN sister!

Jane said...

Wow-- how did you know I needed to hear this TODAY! Thanks for your inspiring words.

I love what you had to say!

Jo Jo said...

I really appreciate this reminder - so timely - Amy Jo