Monday, September 1, 2008

LABOR for peace of mind...

HAPPY LABOR DAY! We were up EARLY this morning! Sealing the driveway, hitting the grocery store and painting the garage doors all before 10am... I am going directly to the basement to ORGANIZE my food storage! I want to be better PREPARED so that we can live the day-to-day at peace. I have taken my sister Becky's challenge, and felt inspired by other blogging friends' examples, and today is the day to labor on a worthwhile cause. How are you doing with feeling prepared? Fall is a time for fresh starts. I challenge you to add something new to your personal pile of preparedness. And after that, we're going on a family bike ride! (So reward yourself for gaining some peace!)

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm laboring on the three boxes of peaches you brought to me. (thank you!!!) 2 down, 1 to go. Lot's of frozen sliced peaches, peach jam and yummy peach syrup. We're off to a family b-bque for our reward...peace of mind is a great thing. (ps:I'll send you a check in the mail...I promise it won't be 666.:) Oh, I'd still come help you do peaches if you want.)

smart mama said...

Ineed to revamp our 72 hr kits- ughh- I guess thats next on my list!

Way to Labor for a good cause today!

Christy said...

I can't wait for my peach trees to get more fruit, we are still in the creeping stage. It was so hard to go back to school today after such a nice weekend!