Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm walking!

Please, allow me to publicly pat myself on the back.
I had to return an important document to the coach of our youngest soccer player.
She lives two and a half miles away.
I have been wanting to be a regular walker...
I haven't been so faithful.
I considered the mammoth beast I drive around town,
and the HUGE amounts of gas it guzzles.
I decided that on a BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL day like today,
I could walk it.
I did.
Mr. Morning hopped in the stroller, and off we went!
'Time passes and you must move on...
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
So you keep on singin' for the sake of the song...'
People, the thrill was NOT gone!
(Are any of you Eagles fans?)
It was a perfect day for the perfect walk.
My legs are happily tired.
Gotta keep on walkin'!

4 comments:

The Mormon Monk said...

Go, Jenny, go!

LL said...

WALK ON!
Good for you, I MISS my t-walks.

Becky said...

I'm rootin' for you! Everyday now, okay? You can do it!!!

ChefTom said...

Go Jenny, I'm with you, I am starting slow, today I walked from the couch to the refrigerator 2X! So if I keep that up I can walk all the way to the mailbox by spring!

Proud of your efforts Jenny!