Thursday, September 4, 2008

feeling ITCHY anyone?

So this morning I'm happily going about
our morning routine... phases one and two
are out the door, and I'm encouraging the
final phase to get their teeth brushed, and
'for the last time, would you
PLEASE brush your hair?!'
So then my daughter tells me while she's
wielding the brush: 'Mom, my friend told
me it's LICE season at school.'
-huh?-
I pause--feeling pale.
My reply: umm... why don't I put in some
nice, tight braids today?
I have a past with lice.
I have issues with those guys.
They are NOT welcome in my LIFE!

5 comments:

Becky said...

UGH! May the force be with you and around you and on you...and the rest of your family.

ChefTom said...

I have a really good fried lice recipe... lol. Can I just say good luck and hopefully the little buggers stay away.

LL said...

the word alone makes me itch. i hate them. Keep the braids tight, the hair up and the bugs out.
Sadly, there is no guaranteed way to avoid them. GOOD LUCK with this (lice) season of life ;)
and don't call me if they get it. go directly to Miss Arbon :)

Jane said...

Jenny--
I am so excited that I found your blog! I wish I had hours to sit and read it from start to end. Just reading the post that I have has been so fun!
I am so excited to connect with you again... on this level. Your family is adorable. Where has the time gone?
Your boys have gotten so grown up. Dallas will be 17 this month. wow 17 yrs ago we were Pregnant with our little guys.
Terry tells me Ross is on his mission here in Arizona, that does not seem possible.
Tyler got married last Feb, I guess I am getting old!

Christy said...

Now that the tick season is almost over, we have to worry about some other horrible invisible creature, yuck! daily checks from now on