Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Feast




In order to understand and strengthen our relationship with Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, we need to follow Nephi’s counsel: “Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do” (2 Ne. 32:3). The words of Christ are found in the scriptures, in inspired messages of living prophets, and in the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. “All members [of the Church] need to generate an appetite for gospel sustenance,” counsels Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “We must ‘hunger and thirst after righteousness’ [Matt. 5:6] before we can be filled” (“Feasting at the Lord’s Table,” Ensign, May 1996, 80).

3 comments:

smart mama said...

The food analogy helps me because i love food-and it helps me reprioritize my feating

Becky said...

are you still mad at me?:) This was a great thought for Sunday even though I totally forgot it was fast Sunday - oops. I'm really working on my feasting.

Unknown said...

How I REALLY be mad at you, Becky? Nope--we're all good.