Saturday, September 6, 2008

Chaos

(...or abstract...)


Yesterday our 2nd grade artist came home with the following picture:





















Such a beautiful green puppy with amazing
full, red lips!

And to contrast, she had this version
on the opposite side of the paper, labeled 'abstract'
(the penciled letters were hard to capture in this image)





















It got me wondering...
Maybe what I've been trying to maintain as a standard
for our home is unrealistic. Here is one of the only corners
of the house that met up to my expectation this morning:
















THIS, however, realistically represents
my chaos. I've tried it--keeping it hidden from a
visitor's vista. But now I'm thinking that if I view
my life,
my home,
my reality
as ART...
I might claim that this corner is just an ABSTRACT
representation of my standard for cleanliness and order.



would you buy it?

7 comments:

LL said...

FUNNY!. we missed you last night, wish you could have been there!
Love your abstract work. I too am working on my abstract home today. Even when it's clean and organized, it still resembles more abstract style....mostly because it was built in the 70's. Need i say more.
btw, I like your dining room table and decor. oh and one more thing...at least all of your paper work is on shelves. That mess of paper work is on my dining room table most of the time.
the end

Joy said...

Thank you for helping me rationalize my life. I needed that today! :)

Becky said...

The green puppy with FULL RED LIPS is my favorite!!! I'm still laughing.

Jane said...

LOL! I love your abstract, reminds me of mine.

The puppy picture was awesome!

PS I found you through Leslie (smartmama) we have been internet friend for a few years now. I happen to ask her if she knew the New Bisop from Gardner ward...and she told me yes, and she also knew you too! She told me she reads your blog, and wa-la here you are.
:)

smart mama said...

I totally dig the abstract living-- we could defintely justify it with a post modern interpretation
ps- missed you

Christy said...

Real live is ALWAYS more beautiful than fake!

ChefTom said...

Cool, I now have an abstract house instead of a messy one. I'm totally buying into this rationalization.