Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Message to the Young Women

"You are NOT alone."
Especially if you live in our ward.
The ratio of adults/leaders to young women
at our Young Women General Broadcast acitivity tonight:
5:1
Sweet Mesquite and her YW presidency and I had
Taco Salad and
Sundaes with homemade PB and chocolate sauce.
It was DE-lish.
A cozy view from the couch for the live broadcast with my own sweet young woman was the perfect way to spend the evening.  Elaine Dalton's secret for achieving DEEP beauty was my take-away for tonight:  See yourself as a daughter of God, live worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost and walk in the paths of virtue.  Now that's a secret I can wrap my arms around.
Thanks, Mesquite, for being so sweet!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I ate conference up. Loved it. I love sundaes with conference...how yum!

mckell.b.p.55 said...

We all enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk a lot, and then we went out to ice cream at Macy's. See, no matter where you go, the church is practically the same! :)

Sarah said...

So much fun! Can't wait till next year!

Cynthia said...

HERE! HERE! LOVED the broadcast! So grateful for amazing YW--I got to enjoy the program with 3 of my own! So great that even far apart we still espouse the same truths! We miss Mesquite--give her our love!!

Marilyn said...

I am so glad you had such a great time, I am sorry I missed it. The Sundays really looked good.

LL said...

well FUN for her...sounds like a great night!

Jo Jo said...

That's the one thing I miss having all boys!