Saturday, March 27, 2010

Enrique en jam mode

I had the privilege of chaperoning a segment of a lock-in at the HS last night.  All music groups and ensembles gathered to practice and perform for each other, followed by a crazy night of activity which includes a lot of noise, gross amounts of junk food, music, gaming, movies and general teenage chaos (during which I went home and slept).
Enrique is in the Accappella group, and they're working up this piece for their concert in May:

He's also part of the Jazz Band, and this is one of the numbers they performed.
He has a crazy solo at about 1:08 into the recording, and it lasts for about 30 seconds.
I know I'm the mom, but dang he's good.  You decide:

6 comments:

rebecca said...

awesome and awesome. I love how the director is dancing. I'd be dancin' too! So fun!

Jo Jo said...

He's great! I love the fact that he's in suit coat and tie, classy, like Glenn Miller (Miller's namesake ;-). Tell him to lower that stand so his horn isn't covered.

LL said...

Enrique has mad skills!

mckell.b.p.55 said...

How jazzy! I love seeing those familiar faces.... :)

Marilyn said...

That was fabulous, I have never heard him play before. Loved the song too, Ms Katz is so great.

The Mormon Monk said...

As someone who's heard more than a few jazz solos from HS musicians...I feel good about saying that yes, he's very good. Even if I am the uncle.