Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend!

Twice a year we get excited for
General Conference.
It's a weekend filled with
inspiration and family time.
My favorite talk?
Jeffrey's.
I feel like I can call him that.

He was the President of BYU when I was at college.
Also, he came to Springfield for a Stake Conference a few years back, and happened to kiss me on the cheek.
The right one.
But it's not like that kiss changed my life, or anything. (it totally did)
Also,
Many, many quotes that I am compiling in my little notebook.
Here's one:
It's from Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk, which also rates up there on my list of favorites.
*
With conference weekend come traditions.
One that I look forward to: Sunday Brunch!
Speaking of traditions, I'm going to need a separate post to tell you about the whole new tradition we participated in.  An unexpected little treat.
And?
Besides the food that never ended, hanging out with family and absorbing all the counsel from the prophet and apostles, there was a sweet little visit to Ben.
Oh. OH!! Here's one little thing we are all excited about:  Next conference (October 6-7) YONDER will be enjoying all of these traditions and memories WITH us!!
HUZZAH.

9 comments:

ellen said...

Nice traditions.

LL said...

BEST weekend of the year!
(well, that and the October weekend)
LOVE IT!!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

He will be home in October??!! That is exciting!

The Mormon Monk said...

I loved that quote too.

The Renaissance Man said...

: ) I miss Yonder.

The Renaissance Man said...

: ) I miss Yonder.

Jo Jo said...

I want to know about that kiss!

Melanie said...

I love everything about this post!

Becky said...

Thanks for visiting Benny.