We attended our last UMass home game at Gillette on Saturday. It was a great game. UMass was winning well past the first half. Sadly, it didn't end so well; but no worries, the true ending is always the first class fifth quarter performance by the band.
After the UMass Marching Band performed a half-time number, guess who were part of a 3,000 student-strong half-time show? Our very own Mesquite and Rooney. It was band day, and there were High School bands from all over New England participating. It was fantastic having THREE family members playing enthusiastically on the field.
Someone was up in the middle of the night bent over the porcelain bowl. It may or may not have been due to the overdose on concession stand foods...
It has been an EXCELLENT season watching the Pride and Class of New England perform. We're already anticipating the 2013 season... Guess who's marching in the 2013 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?
Macy's 2013 Participating Bands:
- Concord High School Marching Band, Elkhart, Indiana
- Lakota West High School Marching Band, West Chester, Ohio
- Macy's Great American Marching Band, USA
- Marian Catholic High School Marching Band, Chicago Heights, Illinois
- Mountain View High School Marching Band, Mesa, Arizona
- NYPD Marching Band, New York
- Ooltewah High School Marching Band, Tennessee
- Tarpon Springs High School Marching Band, Florida
- Union High School Marching Band, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Quantico Marine Corps Band, Quantico, Virginia
- University of Massachusetts Minuteman Marching Band, Amherst, Massachusetts
Well done Enrique and the rest of the UMass Minuteman Marching Band!