Friday, November 9, 2012

Careful where you nibble

Last year on my birthday my friend Heather stopped by with a fresh applesauce cake.
I wasn't home at the time, so she left it on the front steps with a note attached.
By the time I found it, something else had already made a snack out of it.  It nibbled right through the plastic.
I snapped a picture and texted it to her, and then let her know that I just sliced around the bite marks and enjoyed the rest of it.  It was so good, I asked for the recipe.
This year Heather stopped by again with the same delicious cake.  Lucky me!
She came unannounced, but was prepared to ward off critters in the event she had to leave it out on the steps.

2 comments:

LL said...

I don't know Heather, but I LIKE her!

shirlgirl said...

Love her ornament!! No creature would dare take a bite out of your cake.