Friday, January 9, 2009

Do you have one of THESE?

I love mine. But I cannot figure out who is stealing the little metal segments.
Everytime I go to steam some new vegetable, one more piece of vegetable steaming armor is missing. I mean, if I was finding these little guys in the bottom of my dishwasher, I'd understand. The thing is, they just evaporate. I'm feeling like I need to add vegetable steamers to my food storage. I can no longer steam things without having a majority fall into the water. And pardon the wilty spinach leaves caught in the crevices... I clean AFTER I post!

6 comments:

ChefTom said...

I don't have one of those, it looks like a fun tool though. I may need to buy one, just to have it in my collection. I use a metal wire strainer (basket) it has the handle on one side and a tab on the other so it hangs above the water on the pot. They come in many sizes and have NO moving parts to get lost.

shirlgirl said...

I have a Waring steamer that we were given as a wedding gift 28+ years ago. It is great! Haven't used it in awhile, but it sure does the trick. It has two containers--one is a solid bottom with a divider and a hole in the middle for the steam, and the top one has small holes in it. You can steam two vegetables at a time. Is this steamer you have one that Mr. M plays with and that would probably be the reason you are missing pieces. Just a thought.

Becky said...

I gave that gadget up years ago, the legs kept falling off....annoying. Love the spinach in the crevices, that's a nice touch. :)

Smilin' sunshine said...

Never saw one of those, I must say though I don't like vegetables. I just steam mine in a pan with a steamer that came with the pan. Or in the microwave in those steamer bags!

LL said...

my mom had one of those when I was growing up...LOVED playing with it. In fact, I never knew what they were for...
How about next blog party I buy you a steamer, to make up for the lame FRAME :) I better see that frame on your wall when I come to ice skate ;)

Swimmingmom said...

What a riot! Have you considered perhaps you are simply steaming too long? :-) One day you'll stumble across a secret stash in one of your children's rooms.