Tuesday, August 19, 2008


The GRAND Canyon!

Emily: "I loved going by the big rock and seeing the Grand Canyon!"

It was AWE inspiring--some of us were more relaxed than others--I, personally, have great and DEEP respect for heights and small children around heights.
There were enough rocks for EVERY boy to climb.


Riding the mules down into the canyon to the Supai tunnel was a highlight (although some of the switchbacks were precariously maneuvered and thankfully we all made it back to the top.)

None of us complained about saddle sores until the NEXT day.

There's NOTHING like the majesty of this part of the world. I was thankful to have my family to share it with. More to come...

4 comments:

Becky said...

Okay...I'm having a hard time breathing looking at these pictures and all the small children around...feeling dizzy...

Seriously, they are great pictures. Can I volunteer to scrapbook them for you via shutterfuly?

ChefTom said...

You picked the right week, they just evacuated the Supai area for flooding. I love that area and don't get up there nearly often enough.

smart mama said...

I have been deabting adding a GC excursion to our trip but i am afraid i woudl return minus one of my boys- LOL

Ben Hutchins said...

I loved the mule ride we took down the grand canyon way back - what in 1888???? Sheesh - we must be getting old.

I remember Amy Jo told me I was the designated chaperone for you and Roger because you were not married yet when we all went on this trip. Too funy.