Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to...

Where's
my head?
OH my;
so much
craziness!
How in the world could summer leave?
Here we go again...
seminary to sundown;
the juggling act resumes.
Now I remind myself why it is
that i LOVE summer oh so much!
way way
way way
way way
way way
way way
just too much dang 'stuff' going on to be doing 'normal' things like sitting down at night to watch TV! I have to squeeze in making breakfasts and lunches... get kids out the door and to their destinations in three phases each morning; (let's not think about keeping the house clean or maintaining the laundry...) there's high school soccer, marching band, youth soccer, jazz and ballet, scouts, achievement nights, mutual activities and church callings!(ask me about that one later) Getting wrangled into being the secretary of the music aiders in town and helping out with the booster club for soccer. With so many kids in so many things, how can I stop feeling so obligated to help? We haven't even HAD open house for school yet... that night when the teachers put out their pleas for volunteers. How can I NOT help when my kids are in their classrooms? I need my blogging friends...look to your examples...love your stories. What d'ya say?

8 comments:

Aaron H. said...

nice word person. very creative.

The Mormon Monk said...

Jen--I just want to know who the "music aiders" are. Huh? I'm a little frazzled myself, having to read 130 books for February, but I'd much rather read than run your circus!

ChefTom said...

I am just starting that stage of parenthood, but I only have 2 so my schedule will never be as crazy as yours is... I HOPE!

smart mama said...

that is what scares me most about a big family...I try to guard our family time, limit activities in waves and not go totally crazy but our schedule is getting packed already. I am a big one for communtiy involvement- I do a lot with PTO and our town ed foundation- I make it double as my missionary work- Music started this week and I found a great flexible tennis lesson option 5 mins away- New england is a lot harder than other places where so many things are close by- from school to church to stores- really travel kills me here- hang in at least you have us to keep you company= but alas where to find time to blog amdist the craziness!

LL said...

you get an A for creativity! Nice work, that was so cute!
good luck with the hectic schedule...my neighbor just told me they need volunteers to TAKE PICTURES at school parties. THAT is the kind of volunteering I could handle.
Your plate if FULL, say no and have no guilt :)

Becky said...

I'm amazed at all you do Jen...I am fortunate enough to have a darling little boy named Benjamin that excuses me from most of the stuff you mentioned - namely "music aiders"...(what?)...And I have NO guilt either. Would you like to borrow him?:)

Unknown said...

'Music aiders,'is the booster club of the music programs in the schools here in Lunenburg. (ie: parent-run fund raising for marching band, chorus, the elementary and middle school music programs, etc) For the future: Beware showing up at the annual board meeting; you might get nominated and voted onto the board! It was a conspiracy!

Christy said...

Jenny Jenny Jenny,
I too still have a couple people at home to help keep me from winning volunteer of the year awards. Still there is something in us, sort of ingrained through church service...that pulls us to help out in every situation we see. Take heart that you are rewarded just for the desire of wanting to serve, but don't run faster than you can. I take the 1/3 rule that Brigham Young did. 1/3 church, 1/3 work, 1/3 play (family).
(at least I TRY to)