Wednesday, November 9, 2011

small as an elephant

Small as an ElephantSmall as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I LOVED this book... and the truth is, I never would have picked it up if my 10 year old hadn't read it first and BEGGED me to read it.  I have known and been friends with several people who suffer with bipolar disease, which made my connectivity to this book more meaningful.  Heartbreaking, touching and redeeming.  I REALLY liked it.  We've had to double up on our library renewals because now my 15 year old can't put it down.
The facts I learned about elephants were also both enlightening and sweet.  Again, I REALLY enjoyed it.


View all my reviews

4 comments:

Alana said...

Since when do 10 year olds like books about bipolar disease? She must be very advanced.

Unknown said...

The underlying tone of the book is that there is something wrong with the boy's mother, but it never says what it is. That's just me diagnosing what's never mentioned by name... (I did talk to her about it)

Janssen said...

I just realized I HAVE this book. Time to read it! Thanks for mentioning it.

sam john said...

good books about bipolar