Saturday, November 5, 2011

the anvil

Back in September, I went to Brimfield with my friend.
We walked around for a few hours looking at antiques. We met some people we knew, and met some new friends.  We came home with some cool stuff.This anvil was my find of the day.
Mister Dub has wanted his own blacksmith shop for almost our entire marriage, but kept putting it on hold for things like raising a family, getting a higher education and serving at church.  When I saw this, I knew I had to get it.  My patient friend walked back to the booth where the anvil was being sold at least four times during the day so I could make up my mind.
My friend calls this picture "praying over the anvil."
The guy who sold it probably thought we were crazy, as he helped us load that VERY heavy thing in the trunk of her car.  Two women and an anvil.  Dub was thrilled.
The Blacksmith seed has been planted.

5 comments:

ellen said...

Didn't even know what one was until that day...

LL said...

nothing better than finding the perfect gift!

Alana said...

Hooray! Let me know when it's going up so I can come back and help!

Alana said...

(that last comment was by zach) An anvil, now that is a gift with character!

Jo Jo said...

Yeah! He's wanted to do that sooo long! Good for you for fulfilling his dream on his birthday. You're a good wife.