Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why I loved yesterday

We spent the day thinking about those who have given their lives in the service of our country. We participated in a moving Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony with them:
We were touched by Patriotism
We enjoyed seeing our Nation's flag displayed so prominently and beautifully in so many places
We visited several cemeteries, including this one, where we remembered a school friend who passed away three years ago...
We enjoyed the serenity of a beautiful resting place
I loved watching my husband teach the kids about fallen heroes
We had our neighbors over to share a BBQ and ended the day with s'mores
I loved being able to relax and just enjoy each other.

P.S. This one's for YOU:

7 comments:

LL said...

sounds like a PERFECT day!!!

Becky said...

Hey....where is the totally rockin' picture of US??? Glad your day was so great, thanks for sharing part of it with us. :)

Unknown said...

It WAS perfect.
Becky, because we DO rock together, I've posted our totally rockin' picture at the bottom of the post. for YOU.

shirlgirl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and I am sure it was heartfelt to remember those who have gone on before. The weather was perfect, too. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Alana said...

Jen-Jen:

Love that picture of Rog teaching the kids. Wait a minute...

Zach

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Lovely. I missed being near family cemeteries yesterday to give my kids context for the holiday.

Sister Parsons said...

I have that same shirt! White and red striped! How crazy is that!?!? I think it's awesome!

Love ya! Give my love to your family!
Cherstin