Friday, January 8, 2010

To laugh

Spontaneity. (what a great word!)
I love that moment when you hear yourself laughing out loud--not because you planned it or wanted to.
It just happens, and feels oh, so good.
Like yesterday, when my sister commented here using the phrase
"nocturnal wheel running hamster" and it just resonated.  Funny!
So tonight my husband and I finally sat down and had a date with
"500 Days of Summer"



a movie that came out last summer (of course) and we never got to see,
but vowed to get it when it came to redbox.
And it's been there for a while now, but never actually in the box when we want to rent it.
So we paid $4 extra to view it via Comcast.  That little "buy" feature that comes with our TV subscription that we never use, because *gasp* it costs money!
Worth it.  The movie? meh.  I liked it.  Entertaining.  I loved the music, camera angles, narrator, her wardrobe and hair, some of the situations... But the experience?  Good.
Best line of the night:
"Darling, I don't know how to tell you this, but...
there is a Chinese family standing in our bathroom."
I missed the next 60 seconds of dialogue, because I couldn't hear over my laughter.
Fun.  And I miss when I don't laugh.
So share.  Please?  What has made you laugh recently?

8 comments:

LL said...

Such a great feeling. I was explaining to one of my little ones that their foot was "asleep" and he said, "i never even saw it yawn"
It's normally my husband or kids comments that make bring out the random burst of laughter. Always a fun feeling.

LL said...

oh and a friend of mine had a pretty funny ONE WORD goal for the year...THAT MADE ME LAUGH!

Unknown said...

Somehow I knew that word would come up! Hah! Made me laugh, too.

rebecca said...

Today....watching Wesley walk around "reading" newspaper ads for Harbor Freight. He looked so old:)

Janssen said...

I just borrowed it from a friend and I'm excited to watch it. I don't think Redbox actually has it - their website doesn't list it.

Whitney said...

I laughed watching The Next Food Network Star when the contestants were on doing food demonstrations on live TV -- and they purposely threw them off. You probably had to be there -- but you asked, so I answered.

P.S. You just won the Sarah Jane Studios print. And no I didn't rig it -- I used www.random.org!

Send me an e-mail with your address and I'll have this sent to you.

Courtney said...

I put this movie on my "list" to watch and then forgot all about it so thanks for the reminder.

Christy said...

Thanks for the movie tip!
My baby cracked all of us up today as she got so angry at the peas I gave her on a plate, so she started to smash them with her little fist of fury! The pea remains hit us all!