My 2010 List
of 20 things. To accomplish in 2010.
(in no particular order)
1. Clean out my closets. Every single cluttery one. And organize them. ONE.AT.A.TIME.
2. Say "I Love You" more, and mean it.
3. Read the Book of Mormon. Again. At least a chapter a day. So far, so good.
4. Spend less money at the grocery store.
5. Accomplish #4 by making only ONE trip to the store per week. No unplanned trips.
6. Accomplish #4 and 5 by planning a WEEKLY MENU and shopping list.
7. Be aware of my expressions. Laugh more.
8. Breathe deeply.
9. Visit one spot I've never been to before.
10. Take a hike with my family.
11. Read to Morning Boy everyday.
12. Send a hand-written note to someone at least once per week.
13. Participate in the Resolutionary Challenge.
14. Use my sewing machine to make something I really like.
15. Be a 100% visiting teacher.
16. Be a Relief Society President who delegates more.
17. Play games regularly.
18. Learn something NEW!
19. RELAX more. I carried my slippers around the house (barefoot!) at midnight on New Year's Eve. May sound funny, but I want to volunteer less and enjoy my family and relationships more. Help less? Chill more? anyway... be good to myself and those I care most about. I resolve to do it.
20. Be prepared for an emergency. I resolve to be ready.
Last year, I resolved to read at least one book per month, for ME. Something I would enjoy. And I did! I loved all the reading I did, (somewhere between 25-30 books!) and have some really great new favorites to recommend. This year, I will also do some recreational reading. But. I won't worry how much, and I won't worry about how little. I'll just read when I want to, and enjoy it when I do.
HOWEVER, I will admit that because I jumped into the reading thing with both feet, some of the other areas in my life suffered. I'm okay with it, though. This year I want to tip the scales a little bit, and strive to focus on a few more areas. I'm purposely not using the word "balance," because I don't think I could realistically achieve a satisfactory balance with so many balls to toss around.
It's a new year! I'm feeling resolutionary.