Friday, June 12, 2009

come along

Guess where we went?
We hit the road spontaneously tonight;
...of course when you head to the city at 6pm, you'll hit a bit of traffic. Can you name this bridge? Love it.
We do love our sports here.
A view from Childrens' Wharf
Ta-dah! Friday is dollar night. It's a bah-gain.
we stayed busy for hours
there's this amazing two-and-a-half story enclosed climbing sculpture
everything's hands-on
Who's your favorite "Arthur" character?
You're never too old for Buster.
climbing sculpture
(little) men at work
haircuts for everyone
and a beee-YOU-tiful beauty parlor
I feel negligent for skipping this for the past five years
WHAT?! was I thinking?
do come join us next time you're in town.

11 comments:

LL said...

my husband and I were just discussing last night the fact that some of our funnest trips or outings have been spur of the moment stuff...sounds like that's what you guys did and fun was had.
I love that place, I think i'd love it even MORE on a Friday night for $1.
Glad you let us know, I wanna go!

Becky said...

sorry we couldn't go. :( glad you had fun.

rebecca said...

I'd forgotten about $1 night! Thanks for the reminder. Looks like a fun night out!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Was it busy? Last time I was there during Christmas vacation, it was SO crowded.

Might be a good idea to try a Friday night! Thanks for the thought!

shirlgirl said...

Any prizes for naming the bridge? It is the Zakim Bridge, of course. It was the topic of conversation and articles in the newspaper when they decided to shut of the lights. Someone donated $$$$$$ to keep the bridge lit, since it is an attraction to the city. Glad you all had such a fun time.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I have to admit, your kids standing next to Buster look exactly like they are saying, "Mom, we are too old for Buster." ;)

Courtney said...

Looks like so much fun. I love Boston!

Anonymous said...

So Jen you are taking pictures from OUR car while driving in Boston.? You do need a sensible man in your life.
Love
mom

Swimmingmom said...

I LOVE the children's museum. Dollar night, who knew?! I wonder if they still have those huge barrels filled with the monopoly pieces.

mckell.b.p.55 said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that place! Looks like they've changed a few things since I last visited, but it's good to see that the Arthur section has remained pretty much the same! That has to be one of my favoritest places in Boston...

Sister Parsons said...

I love the Children's Museum!!! You lucky duckies!!! I wish we could all go together! Next time we come out to MA, we're going to have to go there!