Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In Panama, the son shines bright


An excerpt [and observation] from Yonder's letter dated 9-5-2011:
"Lots of Sun today! We got up at 4:30am to go to a mountain view and hung around there for awhile. Then we went to a beach that was very pretty, but not really too exciting since missionaries can't swim... I did realize one big thing today about personal hobbies and passions. Anyone that knows me knows that I love anything to do with the outdoors, especially mountains, hiking and exploring. Well, you´d think that this type of p-day would be a get-away or some retreat from all the weekly problems; a time to really enjoy something I loved. But for some reason, I just wasn't getting the same thrill of being up on that mountain, looking out in the jungle and valley. And it was sweet! I realized that as a missionary I have a calling, a calling which really makes up who I am. And I take this as a good sign, because my personal likes and desires seem to be hidden away and currently open is the preocupation of the work. I'm sure it'll all come back once I leave Panama..."

2 comments:

LL said...

and that son of yours is a bright one.

Jo Jo said...

Wow, what a heart! Love those pictures.