Monday, November 30, 2009

I am thankful for leftovers.

Because with leftover turkey (or chicken), you can make this fabulous soup.
I think I might even like it better vegetarian-style, but that's just me.
I doubled this recipe for our crew, so you might not need so much.
White Bean Soup

Sautee: one chopped onion, one clove garlic

Add: 1/2 tsp cumin
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
cut-up left-over chicken or turkey
1 small can diced chiles (I use mild)
1 can great northern white beans
1 can shoepeg corn
1 TBSP lime juice
1/2 tsp lemon pepper

Heat and serve with shredded monterey jack cheese and chips
OR
hot cornbread
YUM.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Me too! Yum. Thanks for sharing.

shirlgirl said...

Sounds good. Sprinkle some chopped chives on top to give it a little color and added zest, or use the green part of a scallion.

Becky said...

Please post on Muck-A-Muck...PLEASE!

Jo Jo said...

I like it with chicken - love this staple recipe!

Jane said...

Looks good--I need to make this.
It is finally soup weather here.