Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dessert! (of course)

I am thankful for dessert.
It makes me happy.

These four delicious ginger chewies were my breakfast dessert yesterday.
I say breakfast dessert, because I actually had a substantial breakfast. 
A multigrain bagel with strawberry cream cheese, perfectly accompanied by a mug of fresh apple cider. 
Following breakfast, I got the urge for a little somethin' somethin' sweet.
These yummy cookies did nicely.
I am grateful that dessert can be mine.
At any time of the day.
Because I am the Mom.

6 comments:

Sister Parsons said...

That's so cool! I'm glad you enjoyed them! Have fun!

Cherstin

Becky said...

Um...I confess that I have breakfast dessert EVERY DAY. It's true. Today it was pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream. :)

rebecca said...

All right, twist me arm. I'm making Ellen's apple crisp tonight just so I can have breakfast dessert tomorrow. This might be the best part of being the mom.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

"Because I am the mom." Oh. Yeah.

And I love pumpkin pie for breakfast.

Jo Jo said...

I confess. I had Tanner's birthday cake, chocolate with mint frosting for dessert Saturday, and sugar cookies this morning. Because I am the Mom. It's the best part of our job!

shirlgirl said...

Gee, and I had multibran Chex with skim milk and a glass of orange juice for my breakfast today. Can't do the sweet stuff so early in the morning.