Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love is...

Love is: grocery shopping for your wife.  After more than twenty years of shopping for our food, it's not the job I look forward to the most.  
Mr. Dub is a good man.  He offered to go food shopping on his way home from work last night.  All I had to do was email him a list.  If that's not true love, I don't know what is.
At the store he got so engrossed in finding  the items on his list that he inadvertently started pushing around and filling someone else's cart.  
The ol' switch-er-oo.   
He had no idea it wasn't his.  
(Until the cart owner confronted him.)
He shared the story with me over the phone.   I had to keep telling him to speak up
(which gets old fast)... 
until I realized I was holding the phone upside down. He came through loud and clear once I figured out how to hold the phone correctly.  
Then we laughed.
They say opposites attract.
In many areas, this is true for us.  
I find it comforting that we are both equally talented in other areas as well.
I'll take your grocery cart theft and raise you my phone incompetence.
Now that's true love.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! :) You two are cute.

Aaron H. said...

Seriously? The phone upside down? Turn in your adult card immediately.

LL said...

You two are my FAVORITE!
Can you hear me now?!

Jo Jo said...

Good laughs over here! Thanks for the uplifting morning. Aaron might have a point. Times two ;-)

The Mormon Monk said...

Makes me happy, Jen. As do the regular visits from your son. He's the best! Well, almost the best. Dub's still the best.

Janssen said...

This is such a great story in every way.

shirlgirl said...

I love it!! I wonder if Nana was sitting on Mr. Dub's shoulder? And the upside down phone--really cracks me up. It reminds me of a story I'll have to tell you one day about my mother and the upside down phone.