Thursday, February 14, 2013

I love LOVE

So last night I fell into bed EXHAUSTED.
I must be getting old.
EVERY year on Valentine's Day eve I stay up until everyone has gone to bed, and I give the house a heart attack.  I have a large plastic tote FILLED with hearts that get plastered EVERYWHERE.
Last night?
I couldn't do it.
I taped up a few and set my phone alarm for 4:20am (to beat the seminary student) and went to bed.  I was wakened at 11:30pm by that very same, very sweet seminary student.
She happened to be sneaking around taping hearts to all surfaces.
I pretended not to see her creeping.
I love HER heart.
She must have thought I was too tired.
(she was right)
Bless her.
I shut off my alarm and didn't get up until 5:00.
We did have heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
 And red fruit.
After my Valentines got off to work and school, I put on my best red jacket and drove to Manchester, NH to witness a very sweet Valentine's Day adoption.
I LOVE this family!
And they love their little Jo-Jo.
Now he IS their little guy.
 My sister and her crew have so much love to give, their family just keeps growing.
I think of the Ortons whenever I hear
"Love One Another."
 Happy Adoption Day Orton Family!
It's a Valentine's Day VICTORY!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU for joining us on this most special day. So, so fun. :) We love YOU!!! xoxo

ellen said...

There's a lot of love in that blog post. :) And stop setting your alarm for 4:20am!!

Jo Jo said...

Hello? I fix breakfast and teach seminary and still can sleep another hour than you!

LL said...

LOVE!
all of it.
I need one of those "very sweet seminary students" in my home to get stuff done while I sleep.
She's a KEEPER!

shirlgirl said...

Love all of your Valentine hearts, breakfast, etc, but especially love the special day for Becky's family and Jo Jo. Everyone looks so very happy!! Congratulations!