Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm raising thrifters

I've mentioned before that one of our favorite days is Wednesday--it's half-off day at Salvation Army (Sally's).  I don't even ask anymore if someone wants to go; yesterday Enrique took one of his sisters to explore the goods without me.  I was anxiously sitting on wooden benches with everyone else... When I got home was I a bit surprised to walk in the door and hear organ music? 
YES. 
Yes I was. 
Enrique is now the proud owner of four new classic record albums, a "sweet hat," and his very own organ.  All for less than $20.  He's since cleaned it up a bit and moved the organ into his bedroom.  The house goes from feeling like a ballpark during the wind-up of a feverish pitch to activity hour at the local geriatric center.  I'll be in the kitchen marinating meat, and I go from feeling like shouting "PLAY BALL!" to wanting a partner (maybe a walker?) for the tango.

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

That is a bargain!!!

Doran & Jody said...

LOL! What a great thing for him to purchase! Your family is so fun!
I can't wait to meet you someday.

Melanie said...

Awesome! I'm not allowed to go to the thrift store very often. I always come home with cool new dishes that we have absolutely no room for.