Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Carpe Diem

There's nothing like a High School Football game.
Friday Nights, Crisp Fall Saturdays.
We love them.
We especially love the half-time entertainment.
I have an insider's appreciation for the hard work, dedication and time that goes into preparing for those shows.  We have two marching band participants in our family this year, and after five seasons, Enrique's time on the field is drawing to a close.
These are the Seniors in the Marching Band.
They have a good time together.
Enrique is an AMAZING trumpet player.
He has a beautiful solo in this year's field show.  He takes my breath away.
He also leads the band as co-drum major.
There are only four more home football games in the season.
Four more chances to see them march!
And can you see that glimpse of red near his wrist?
He has a few tricks up his sleeve.
It's fun to see him in action!
Pretty soon he'll be hanging up his hat and whistle 
and walking away from this phase in his High School Career.  

6 comments:

LL said...

FUN! I love that first photo of everyone...they do look like a great group.

Becky said...

I really would love to get down to see one of the games. Send me the schedule and I'll see what I can do. :) I second you on how amazing he is...I've heard first hand.

Jo Jo said...

Would love a tape of him. Any home games on the 5th or 12th of November?

Sarah said...

We do have a game on the 5th of November.

Alana said...

He really looks happy in the picture holding his trumpet- what a handsome kid. AND talented

Swimmingmom said...

I really like the last picture! So cool that his trumpet is silver. An old good friend of mine played a silver one; ah, the memories.