Friday, March 13, 2009

Finding Joy


Someone asked me why I try to find time each month to attend the temple.

Beyond the answer 'because it brings peace and tranquility to my busy life,' here is a short video found on youtube that sheds some light on the matter.


I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
to feel the holy spirit,
to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
this is my sacred duty.


I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God,
I've learned this truth:
A family is forever.

~I love to See the Temple
by Janice Kapp Perry, Childrens Songbook, p. 95

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is a wonderful video, I shared it with my neighbor.

Unknown said...

I'll have to wait til I get home to watch the video, but the song is one of the favorites of my Nursery kids. We sing it every Sunday