Thursday, June 26, 2014

Insta-summer

 There's so much good about summer. I can't possibly blog about it all, but thanks to cell phone cameras and Instagram, here's a quick pictorial from our second week of freedom:
 (I love that I found this little peeper up at the table waiting poolside--he looked like he was expecting a mixed drink and some company.)
 We went shopping for running shoes, and bumped into a couple of nuns doing the same.
 We paid a visit to some newborn bunnies.
 There was competitive hide-and-seek.
 A visit to Enrique at UMass always lifts my spirits.  I love that my kids love each other.
Reading is an integral part of summer.  I've been immersing myself in some really great writing, including (but not limited to) Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead
-and-
Some fantastic Ensign articles.
 
Light summer meals.
I love them.
(My family is trying to embrace the scarcity of meat on the menu)
 Swimming.  ALL-in.
 Mini-golf. And extended cousin visits.
 Walks. And random acts of fitness.
 and being able to say
"Gone Fishing."
Happy Summer!

No comments: