Thursday, May 19, 2011

We're having HAY for dinner.

As I swept the floor today, I couldn't help but shake my head and cluck my tongue as I thought: 
We're just a bunch of animals. 
-and- 
This barn we live in is masquerading shoddily as a house.
*
When the kids get home from school they're having grass for an after-school snack, and the all-you-can-eat-garbage-can-buffet.  
Dinner?
Hay, chased by this pile of miscellaneous floor droppings for dessert.
you might think I'm kidding.
you might not want to pop in for dinner tonight.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Jenny...seriously? (gagging)

LL said...

well, at least they will be fed.

Aaron H. said...

I think Rachael would take umbridge with your barn comment. WE live in a barn, according to her.

Christy said...

I have a dog and a toddler that might find that an interesting and possible yummy treat.
happy eating

Jo Jo said...

I'm thinking I"ll go forage in the lettuce and broccoli garden outside.

shirlgirl said...

I'll go with Jo Jo's comment! That's quite a dish of Yuk!!