For "the list."
Which will soon disappear from the margin of my blog, thankfully.
Let me preface this by saying that for 2011 there will be no published list;
just to help me continue to adhere my principled self to #19 on this year's list.
And I give to you:
MY LIST FOR 2010
1. Clean out my closets. - meh. Some things just aren't meant to be.
2. Say "I Love You" more. - I even told Mr. Morning's kneecaps how much I loved them today.
3. Read the Book of Mormon. - still reading.
4. Spend less money at the grocery store. - meh.
5. Only ONE trip to the store per week. - can I stop being accountable now?
6. Plan a WEEKLY MENU + shopping list. - C+ BUT, in the interest of #16 below, I have now delegated this job to a teenager who loves food.
7. Be aware. Laugh more. - I absolutely laughed more.
8. Breathe deeply. - amen. and OHHHHHHMMMMMmmmmm.
9. Visit one spot never been to before. - check.
10. Take a hike with my family. - checkety-check-check.
11. Read to Morning Boy everyday. - this has been my absolute pleasure.
12. Send a hand-written note every week. - almost a guilty pleasure.
13. Participate in Resolutionary Challenge. - one of the best things I did this year.
14. Use sewing machine, make something I like. - Yes. But what I liked more, was helping my daughter to use the sewing machine to make something SHE liked.
15. Be a 100% visiting teacher. - I won't tell you too much about this except to say when I go into the home of these amazing women with the intention of bringing something good, I always leave feeling that I am the lucky recipient.
16. Be a RSP who delegates more. - a work in progress.
17. Play games regularly. - if monkey business counts, A++.
18. Learn something NEW! - it's my daily quest.
19. RELAX more, volunteer less. - I'm late to this party, but OH, it's good.
20. Be prepared. resolve to be ready. - The next ice storm that hits will find me flipping pancakes for the neighborhood. It's not a steak dinner, but we'll make it.