Monday, March 10, 2014

I earned the man-card.

They're coming along.
Mr. Dub is a home improvement genius.
He can fix/make/build/renovate just about anything.
He also has a full-time job.
Therefore, kitchen progress isn't exactly racing along at top speed.
I'm ready to have real floors.
Since Dub is doing everything in his power to help us progress in this area, I decided it was time for me to step it up and help. You know, since I'm a stay-at-home mom, and mostly just sit on the couch eating chocolate and watching soaps all day.
I took myself to a home improvement store this morning and rented myself something akin to a jack hammer.  
Secretly, I've always wanted to operate a jack hammer.  (While I was vibrating my thumbs off this afternoon, I quietly assumed the nickname Rosie the Riveter. It's wartime in the kitchen.)  
Tonight we are one step closer to installing the new floor.  MOST of the mortar that was stuck to the sub floor (from the tile that was removed after Christmas) is now inside the shop vac, in a trash can, or in the form of a fine powdery dust that is now coating everything on the main floor of the house.  
 Home improvements are not for the faint of heart.
stay tuned.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I love it! Way to get in there and manhandle some tools!

shirlgirl said...

You are amazing, and you certainly look like you are giving your "job" 100% attention. I'm sure you will be so happy when your kitchen is finished.

Jo Jo said...

That's awesome! You go girl!

LL said...

I want to snap my fingers and have our kitchen magically redone. I'm dreading this!!