Friday, March 14, 2014

A night in: bullseye.

Recently Dub took the three girls to a youth event for an entire afternoon/evening. Morning Boy and I found ourselves together with many hours to fill. I envisioned the two of us curled up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a blanket... some quiet together-time in front of a good movie. It actually didn't end up being like that AT.ALL.  We've been reading a good book together, so I found myself reading a few chapters at a time while he ate lunch and dinner, and in between we managed to get outside, tackle a few chores and play a few games. The last game of the evening involved shooting at targets with the nerf gun.  I will disclose here that I am not one to be trifled with when it comes to competitive target shooting. Things got pretty intense. I will also admit that I did not win the competition. But the grand champion gracefully congratulated my second place finish, as I lost by only one point.
I'm glad we didn't lose ourselves in a movie.
It was much more fun to laugh and talk and compete.
Having a nine year old caboose on our crazy train is pretty great.

3 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Sounds like you both had a great time.

Jo Jo said...

You're a good mom! Little boys are the best!

LL said...

Morning boy is a lucky boy! You're FUN!