Thursday, August 14, 2014

re: the squash; it's in the genes

OH! The produce.
I love it.
Really. Gardening makes me HAPPY.
But I do get overwhelmed at the way it just comes ALL.AT.ONCE.
Today AGAIN, I picked almost two dozen cucumbers and a few more squash; didn't even glance at the tomatoes and beans, because, well, it was raining, and I had a big pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove top. What was I going to do with more veggies?  I mentioned the yellow/summer squash in a previous post...  I ended up bringing it to my parents' house.  They have mass produce problems of their own.  I woke up to this email from my mom yesterday morning:
She means business when it comes to sharing the garden goods. Mom's my emergency contact.
Now you see why.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

We've had so much extra zucchini that I've advertised it on our neighborhood Facebook page. That's gotten rid of a lot of it. I also made some freezer meals (zucchini lasagna roll-ups) with some of it. I hope those are good, because we'll having it at least 3 times.