Thursday, July 2, 2015

If you build it, they WILL come

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Dub directed the building of what he called a platform for stacking firewood. I watched transfixed as they recycled our old deck boards into what, in my mind, appeared to be coming together as an ideal summer stage. I was delighted! But the workers had a hard time catching my vision.
Although he had doubts, Dub is a committed believer in the phrase 
Happy Wife = Happy Life. 
LOOK! He agreed to let me use the platform, and we pulled off a really spontaneous, REALLY EXCELLENT Skit Night. The 'burg's got talent.
 Friends, neighbors and extended family showed up. We provided the popcorn and lemonade, and the guests brought their A-game music, skits, magic, jokes and game shows to share.
We cheered, 
we clapped, 
we smiled and laughed.
It was an evening of FUN!

2 comments:

Aaron H. said...

Three cheers for this post.

shirlgirl said...

This is what it is all about.